All work & no play makes Eternity a dull gal

Monday, January 09, 2006

I’ve been obsessed counting the working days for January and February. There are only 18 working days for each of these months for KL offices. For those of you workaholics and those who don’t know what to do if not at work, then sorry. But for me, it’s a “bonus” for the next 2 months.

Not only do I work that 18-day month, I am also scheduled for training programs for both months. That reduces my working days even more. On top of that, boss will also be away for an entire week at end of next month! Yippee!! Which “lucky” firm hired me, you wonder?

However, this “windfall” is only for the first two months of the year. After that it’s back to an occasional day off here and there. But wait, let me calculate my balance of leave. I’m determined to work hard and play even harder!

5 comments:

Nick said...

haha, i work only ~ 10 days for January, all thanks to my baby boy ;-P

Eternity said...

lucky you, nick! a baby and shorter working days. i bet less sleep too ;) enjoy daddy-hood!

Bkworm said...

ha! ha! I know what you mean. In those days when I was working, I love public holidays and if boss's not around, even better!! Wonder if my staff feels the same when I am not in the office!

FooDcrazEE said...

Ouch ! the only thing good about this January is the double pay for all the hard work we out in as a hotelier....office peep holiday, hotelier work.

So, good for u. Play more..and eat more too. Start food blogging.

Eternity said...

bkworm, i think all staff feel the "merdeka" spirit when bosses not around. haha. nothing personal i guess, but just the freedom you get.

mike, at least you get the $$ to compensate. but is it worth it, to trade time with $$? i'll see what food blogs i can do for cny.