A good book is what I need

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's lunch hour and I'm surfing Amazon, looking for a good book. The last that I read was Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress", during the Christmas period.

I feel like another book but not sure what's out there. Haven't scanned a bookstore for some time. One of the books I was told is good is James Patterson's "4th of July". Pretty good reviews of 4 stars from 100 odd readers. Not bad.

Then I visited De BookWorm and she was talking about Sophie Kinsella's "Confession of A Shopaholic". It's got 4.5 stars from over 700 readers. I bet all are female.

Then there's also the temptation to read Paulo Coelho's "The Zahir" which I read about at Gina's some time back. I've always liked his work especially The Alchemist.

Whilst 4th of July is the kind of thriller I like, Shopaholic sounds light and fun. Zahir is thought provoking and offers some insight about life. I like those too.

Choices, choices, choices!

6 comments:

Nick said...

why not finish all of douglas adams hitchhiker series. that would offer you the most simple insight about / meaning of life .... "42".

benauhc said...

Coincidently Vicky is reading Digital Fortress and I'm almost finish with Zahir. Recommend it if you're in need of some soul searching. Contain some insightful thoughts about marraige too.

Anyway have fun reading whatever you finally decide on.

FooDcrazEE said...

Zahir - that good, eh ? Looks like i gotta buy it.

Anonymous said...

paulo coelho's books are goooooood! i've read em all =P

Anonymous said...

right now, I'm hooked on, Demian, by Hermann Hesse. I've read, The Alchemist, last Summer; great book! after I've consumed, Demian, I'm going to check out, The Kite Runner ^^

thanx, I'll check out, Digital Fortress. cause' I'm always open for a really kick-ass page turner. l8rades

Eternity said...

nick, don't know why can't load the link you sent...maybe not meant to read la. haha.

ben, bet vicky finds it hard to put down digital fortress too. you've read zahir too?! now i have more solid reasons from your comments to read it.

foodcrazee, influenced by ben too huh? hehe. let's read it then.

midnite lily, i read the first few and stopped at "veronica decides to die".

jiro, you won't regret reading digital fortress!