Mess in web hosting

Friday, September 17, 2010

The other day I was helping a friend out with some web hosting issues he was facing. He had engaged the service of one particular company for a year but was apparently not very happy with the service after a year. So in the midst of looking for another while his current service is expiring, he asked me to help host him for a while and I agreed.

I didn't know it would be so much work on both our parts, as it caused some panic when he lost his entire blog because the domain name could not be found when I hosted it.

So he had to speed up his search to compare web hosts and find the next suitable one. I recommended the one I was using but he found it expensive. So I recommended some others I've tried before on a smaller scale so he could quickly get his site back.

As a quicker way to find a reliable company, I told him to read just host user reviews to get fair feedback on what other users feel about the many companies out there.

In the end he was happy with some godaddy user reviews and bought it. I'm glad he had signed up for his own hosting and we settled it all and his site is now back on track.

Don't know why it just didn't work on mine and I didn't want his stuff deleted whilst being hosted on my web host.

I think I won't want to do this kind of favour anymore...it's a huge responsibility especially if someone loses years or hard work blogging!

2 comments:

SEO Services said...

Choosing a good web hosting provider is so important for your online business that you have to make your decision seriously.
Thanks for sharing.

rosy123 said...

Thank you for this very good site, really a mix of good and interesting ideas. Above all, keep it up. Good luck
Regards

Voyance gratuite par mail en ligne rapidement