The new world

Friday, September 03, 2010

Have you noticed any big change in our world in terms of what people do for a living? Back when I was deciding on a college and thinking what career I wanted to build for myself, it was still a pretty stereotype world where we limit our thinking to the kinds of jobs we would do.

Back then even before I started my college, I was doing some medical job search to see roughly how much it pays because I was keen to take on a medical course and be a Dr.

But because I was terribly afraid of the sight of blood, I gave up trying to get into med school. No point of me keep fainting each time I see blood right? Hehe.

But these days, it's a whole different world altogether. People no longer stick to the stereotype jobs that we once knew. There are so many other professions that interest the young minds.

Just last night I was talking to my son's babysitter who supports a nephew's education and they were telling me that he's taking a course in bakery. And according to them, it's not that cheap. I believe them. These days, nothing comes cheap anymore.

I sometimes look at my son at play and I tend to wonder what he would want to be when he grows up. I won't decide for him, because I would like him to choose the life he wants and the career path for himself.

My job is only to see to it that whatever he chooses, we will be able to help him fulfill it.

I guess this is also a change of parenting style from the days of our parents, huh?

0 comments: