A love for most things Korean

Thursday, February 16, 2006

As I drove home from work yesterday, I suddenly realised I was surrounded by many things Korean. I drive a Korean car, use a Korean brand mobile phone, listening to Korean songs on my CD player and I was wearing a suit that I bought in Korea. Later that night, I was even glued to the TV watching a new Korean drama called Green Rose.

And now, a Korean post for today.

My Korean collage



I was in Korea some 2 years back. Each trip I made, I never failed to:

1. Make a trip to the wholesale markets in Dong Dae Moon and Miong Dong
2. Buy Korean green tea
3. Buy Korean music CDs and soundtracks
4. Eat authentic Korean dishes (minus the kimchi. Too much of it isn’t great)

Of all my hotel stays, I enjoyed it best at Seoul’s Shilla Hotel. They paid every attention to the smallest details and provided fine services. The people I met are also very polite and respectful. It makes a difference to have all the little niceties to make your stay that much more pleasant. I also find the city very well planned and connected, infrastructure and technology wise.

Even the streets are somewhat organised by product type. There was this street that we drove on – it was a long stretch with shops on both sides of the road. Almost all the shops on that street are pet stores. I asked the locals why it was so and wouldn’t that mean huge competition. I was told that the shops were planned that way - a certain street houses one particular type of product.

One day, I would like to visit South Korea again. And if it happens, I wouldn’t miss venturing to the famous Jeju Island. I remember reading from Daddy Nick’s blog that he has visited Seoul (probably for honeymoon?). Did you like it, Nick?

Signing off,
The Korean fan


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

phewsss.. luckily she has decided to marry a malaysian chinese. But then again, nothing legally signed yet, you'll never know.. Kim-Dae-Joo or Park-Joo-Bong may appear. :P

Kam-sa-hamida

Nick said...

erm, jeju island wasn't that outstanding. well, it was raining most of the time during our trip to korea; and because we were on tour, we spent most of the time on the bus. the only thing that sticks in my mind is the food. after spending more than a week in korea, i'll probably never have korean food anymore ...

Eternity said...

ray, it's only "things" korean... :)

nick, seems like you didn't have too good an experience with the rain and food. hehe.