He spoils me, he spoils me not?

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I was lucky to endure only about an hour of peak traffic getting out of city centre after a heavy downpour yesterday. I had mentally prepared myself for at least 1.5 to 2 hours drive home and thus a delayed Valentine dinner. But when it was less than expected, it gave me some cheap thrill.

We didn’t decide on a specific place to eat as I told Ray let’s not indulge in flowers and fancy restaurants. So we went where our legs brought us and ended up at Dave’s at 1U. It was packed and tables were already booked in advance. But the restaurant was releasing tables of those who didn’t show up after a 5 minute grace period. So even with no pre-booking, we got a table in 10 minutes.

I’ve always liked Dave’s food but yesterday they couldn’t cope with the large crowd. The food was not up to its normal standards and the working crew were agitated with each other with many rounds of outbursts amongst themselves. It isn’t the right mood for a Valentine night. But we didn’t let that bother us. We still had a great time. Despite some tables complaining about delayed service, we happened to get everything we need in reasonable time. So we were quite happy.

While we waited for our orders to be served, we read cards and opened presents. I was so pleased that Ray got me The Zahir which I was already thinking of getting since I’ve gotten positive recommendations from fellow bloggers recently. I got Ray his long lost and missed cash-clipper.

After all the exchange, we were chatting and sipping tea when I suddenly realised that my phone, which I placed on the table earlier, was missing. I was frantically rummaging through my bag and it wasn’t there. I asked Ray if he has seen it and he brought out a phone I’ve never seen before. He bought me a new phone! I just love it!! Imagine my surprise and delight. *Grin*

He spoils me; he spoils me not; he spoils me; not...

He spoils me, don’t ya think? =)

5 comments:

Nick said...

i feel ashamed of myself ... i need to learn from Ray. I hope u don't mind me calling Ray next year for help & advice? ;-P

Anonymous said...

haha. nice new cellphone Eternity! ^^ belated-Happy Valentines Day lovebirds!

Anonymous said...

hi nick. cannot compare tis way la. it's very individual. but if you ever want to purchase mobile phone of any brand, i could assist. cheaper than RRP. have a good day !

Eternity said...

pah, happy to hear you had a great valentine and having an eye for that certain *someone*

nick, i agree with ray. it's different for everybody..but if you insist on getting advise, take us out for mamak! :P

jiro, thank you. how was valentine's in canada?

ray, if he decides to buy, let's order extra roti canai at mamak?

Anonymous said...

I say ON ah !