What a break it was

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

During the week-long Christmas break, we went down south to Muar, Malacca and Singapore. The highlight of the entire week was FOOD! As a result, I've gained 2KGs already. Luckily, I also loose weight quite easily. All I need is to purge all day and the extra weight's gone (sorry, gross eh?).

Most of the time we digged in when the food was served, so there aren't any pictures to show for our meals. Except when someone got curious and kindly helped me take the pictures of the famous Malacca chicken rice balls being processed.


A bucket of rice waiting to be turned into rice balls.

That's one...

...and many more...

Fishballs or rice balls?

Cendol for dessert.

During our day-trip to Malacca, this boy caught my eye. Look at him go! Has he got style or what?

Stylo milo!

Then we headed into Singapore amidst all that jam just to see the Christmas lights. Alas, it was a disappointment. It wasn't as great and all the same along Orchard Road. I personally think the lightings on Centrepoint, where Robinsons is, was better than the ones on the streets.


Anyway, loaded with love, food and not to mention Christmas goodies, we headed back to reality and now it's back to work, work, work and more work!

3 comments:

DebtSurvivor said...

waaah...you had a great road trip then? sounds like u had a good time with the Chicken Rice Balls too! :)

Bkworm said...

I ate six meals a day on the SS Gemini over the New Year and I am not talking about salad but cakes and ice-cream and chocolates!! How not to put on weight! (too scared even to weigh myself since I came back)

Eternity said...

evs, definitely a good trip. eat, sleep, eat, sleep. what's not good about it? :P

hi bkworm. wow, you sure had more luxurious and rich food on SS Gemini! i'm guessing that's additional 3KGs??